This super moist double chocolate chip zucchini bread is incredibly easy to make thanks to cake mix! Your family will never know there is a whole lotta zucchini hidden in this yummy chocolate
cake bread. It’s the best way to get your kids to eat their greens. Sneaky!
I don’t know if you’ve ever had zucchini bread before, but it’s the zucchini that surprisingly makes it so moist and delicious. Zucchini is so mild in flavor, you seriously can’t taste it. It’s the only way to make bread! And if you happen to have a garden, then you know that zucchini grows in abundance. You can make several loaves and give them away as gifts to your friends, neighbors and coworkers.
Incredibly moist and delicious chocolate zucchini bread! It’s surprisingly easy to make with a box of chocolate cake mix. 🙂
Cake Mix Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter (cooled)
- 1/4 cup milk or water
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray TWO loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir the eggs, milk, butter and cake mix together.
- Add the zucchini and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips, reservering some to sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between pans and top with your remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pans.
- After you melt the butter, place it in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to help bring it to room temperature.
- I use a cheese grater to shred zucchini, but you can also use the shredder blade in your food processor.
- You can try using other flavors of cake mix as well. If you plan on using a yellow or white cake mix, I'd add a couple of tablespoons of cinnamon to the batter. You can also try mixing in some walnuts!